Thursday 31 March 2016

Final day of the Chapter Book Challenge #ChaBooCha


Today is the final day of the Chapter Book Challenge. If you managed to write an entire first draft of a chapter book, middle grade book or YA novel, from start to finish, during the month of March, then e-mail me at Rebecca (at) Fyfe (dot) net and I will send you a jpeg of the winner's badge.  Whether you won or lost, I hope you managed to get further along in your story during this challenge, and I hope you realize that any progress is a personal "win."

I did manage to finish a first draft of a chapter book during this year's challenge, but it's so truly awful that I'm not sure I will ever take the time to edit and revise it into something usable. (It all depends on how long it takes me to polish up previous projects.) Still, it helped to get the story written because the idea for it would continue to pester at me and niggle at the back of my mind, causing all kinds of distraction for me while working on other projects and, now that it's written, I can safely go back to working on those other projects, knowing that this one won't keep interrupting and pushing its way into my thoughts, for now at least.

This is the fun part of the challenge. I get to announce all of the winner's of the prizes this year. Just to warn you all, I am anything but timely when it comes to getting the prizes sent out, but you will eventually get your prizes. You have two weeks from the date of this post to contact me with your mailing address and accept the prize. If you don't contact me within two weeks, you forfeit the prize and your prize will be set aside and become part of next year's prizes.

Read below to see the list of prizes and the winners of those prizes, all selected through a random number generator.



Jen Garrett

*****

The winner of the $5 USD Amazon gift certificate is:


*****

The winner of The Indie Author's Guide to: Building a Great Book by Jo Michaels is:

Robyn Campbell

*****

The winner of the Bullyland badger figurine is:

Dot Day

*****


suetwiggsblog

*****


lindaschueler

*****

 by C. Hope Clark is:

Ashley Howland

*****

The winner of Orison by Daniel Swensen is: 

Joanne Roberts

*****


saputnam

*****

The winner of the e-book copy of Swallow Me, Now! by Melissa Gijsbers is:

Kelly Vavala!

*****
The winner of the Kindle Fire 7" is:

Anne Bielby

Be sure to contact me soon if you are one of the winners! And I hope you got some benefit other than just the prizes from participating in this challenge.





6 comments:

  1. Yippeeeeeeeeeee! That was one of the two that I most wanted, Becky. Wahooooo. Thanks for organizing and for all you do. MWAH! It was a fun time. Although mine stinks more than yours. UGH. Awful. But if I try it might, could, maybe turn into something all SPARKLY. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all winners . . .and everyone who put pen to paper and wrote. Period! Such a wonderful way to receive a 'kick in the pants' and propel us out of our writer's block. Thanks, Becky, and all those who shared their sage advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That was also one of the two I most wanted. Congrats to all the other winners. And, yes, I got more out of it than winning a prize! Thanks to all the posters and thanks again, Becky, for organizing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see my name! (YAY!) I'm trying to contact you, but the link doesn't want to work. Can you email me, or contact me through my website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all winners… and yippee, I am one of them :)

    And a huge THANK YOU to Becky for putting ChaBoCha together once again, and to all of the Guest Bloggers who shared their expertise with us!

    ReplyDelete